KickSomeAsphalt

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Ant Farm

The dust. Oh, the dust. East/Central Africa at the end of the dry season... Dusty! The dust destroyed my cell phone. It did a number on my iBook as well. However, I think the dust damage to the iBook pales in comparison to the ant infestation. Ants. Lots of ants. I remembered seeing some ants around my laptop from time to time but didn't think too much about it. That is until I pulled it out of my pack during a 7+ hour layover on my way home. As I settled in to eat an airport breakfast and do some web surfing to catch up on world events, I opened my iBook and ants were crawling all over it. They were coming out from underneath the keyboard. It was quite the sight. One I could do without seeing again. And no, I didn't declare said ants when I went through customs.

I used this as an excuse to go to the Apple store and buy a new MacBook Pro. The sales person asked me why I was looking for a new laptop (presumably just trying to find out what my needs were) so I told him that my iBook was currently functioning as an ant farm. He said that he has been working for Apple for a long time and that was the first time he had heard of one becoming an ant farm. Leave it to me. :) I think that the ants are finally gone now.

1 Comments:

  • Michelle I just stumbled on your blog...It would be great to trade emails. I can be reached at first initial + last name on yahoo.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home