KickSomeAsphalt

Friday, March 10, 2006

815 Watts!!

Or.... maybe even 844W! I'm not sure which software is more accurate. So, today I did my first outdoor sprint workout of the season. I should start by saying that I hate sprint workouts. I'm not a sprinter. I never claimed to be one, I just try not to embarrass myself with a totally pathetic sprint.

Last year, I saw 800W once. One time. That's it. If I hit 750W in a sprint, I was psyched. I could load the bike into the car and feel good about that one. Today, I did 12 sprints in my workout. 10 of the 12 were over 750W with the best one somewhere between 815 and 844W. The other two were still over 700W. I kept checking the calibration on my SRM because these numbers surely couldn't be correct.... but it was right on. Wow. I think I'm pretty happy with this news. Maybe I won't embarrass myself or my teammates too badly this season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home